Our work is fully guaranteed
We’ve got your back when it comes to protecting your biggest investment, your home.
When you sign your Halo 10-Year Residential Guarantee your application covers you for the following:
- Loss of deposits if the builder doesn’t start the building work.
- Losses if the builder starts but doesn’t complete the building work.
- 10-year cover for the full contract price, for structural defects including weather tightness issues, once the building works have been completed.
- 10-year cover for the full contract price, for non-structural defects once the building works have been completed.
If your builder fails to complete the building or rectify the defect, we will step in and fix the problem
The cover extends not only to fixing any defect but also to any damage to existing structures caused
by the defect. Sub-contractors and suppliers: Where the NZCB member is the head contractor, defects arising from materials and work supplied by subcontractors and suppliers are insured.
- Other damage: The cost to repair other damage to the house caused by the defect, up to the full policy sum insured.
- Alternative accommodation expenses: Up to 6 months’ reasonable alternative accommodation expenses while the house is being repaired.
- Professional fees: Surveyors’, engineers’, legal and other fees necessarily incurred to rectify the defect.